What Need Does It Serve?
MGM Resorts International (MGM) is a holding company that owns and operates casino resorts, which include gaming, hotel, dining, entertainment, retail and other amenities.
Per recent filings, MGM operates 9 properties in Las Vegas, 2 properties in Macau, and 8 properties in other regions of the U.S.
What Are The Alternatives?
Other casino companies such as Wynn Resorts, Las Vegas Sands, Caesars, Eldorado, Melco Crown, SJM, and Galaxy Entertainment are major competitors.
What Is The Basis of Competition?
Competition is based on property location, promotional offerings, brand reputation, and license agreement.
Has 5 Reported Divisions-
Though the company reports operating performance of each individual property separately, its net revenues can be classified into five broad categories.
1. Casino: It includes income from regulated gambling activities at the company’s properties.
2. Rooms: It includes income from visitors/tourists who lodge in the company’s properties.
3. Food and Beverage: It includes income from food and beverage sales at the company’s properties.
4. Entertainment and Retail: It includes includes income from retail stores and live performances at the company’s properties.
5. Corporate and Other: It includes income from unconsolidated affiliates such as CityCenter Holdings.