What Does P&G Offer?
Procter & Gamble is one of the largest manufacturers of consumer goods in the world with operations in over 180 countries. P&G manufactures and sells consumer goods across multiple product segments such as beauty, grooming, fabric care, health care, household care, and baby care.P&G has built significant scale by acquiring popular brands such as Gillette, Wella Professional, Iams, and Ambi Pur.P&G has an international presence with an established network of retail channels that provide it a route to leverage high growth in emerging markets by easily reaching the end consumer.
P&G sells its products to individual consumers globally.
What are the alternatives?
Competitors include other consumer goods heavyweights like Unilever, Kimberly-Clark, Colgate-Palmolive, and L'Oreal.
Has Five Primary Operating Segments-
1) Beauty: represents the skin care, makeup, hair care, and deodorant brands manufactured and marketed by P&G.
2) Grooming: represents grooming brands such as Gillette, Braun, and Old Spice.
3) Health Care: represents oral drugs such as Vicks, Pepto Bismol, and Prilosec, and oral care products like Oral-B and Crest.
4) Fabric Care & Home Care: comprises of a variety of fabric care products, including laundry detergents and additives as well as home care products, like dish washing liquids and detergents, and air fresheners.
5) Baby Care & Family Care: comprises of baby care products such as diapers, wipes, and training pants, and family care products such as paper towels and toilet tissues.