What Need Does It Serve?
Las Vegas Sands is a leading developer of integrated resorts, with five casino properties in Macau, one in Singapore and one in Las Vegas.
Despite the company’s origins in the U.S., it generates a bulk of its revenues from Macau and Singapore properties.
It operates in Macau and Singapore through its two subsidiaries, Sands China Limited (SCL) and Marina Bay Sands Pte. Limited (MBS), respectively.
What Are The Alternatives?
Other casino companies such as Wynn Resorts, MGM Resorts, Caesars, Eldorado, Melco Crown, SJM, and Galaxy Entertainment are major competitors.
What Is The Basis of Competition?
Competition is based on property location, promotional offerings, brand reputation, and license agreement.
Has 5 Reported Divisions-
Though the company reports operating performance of each individual property separately, its net revenues can be classified into five broad categories.
1. Casino: It includes income from regulated gambling activities at the company’s properties.
2. Rooms: It includes income from visitors/tourists who lodge in the company’s properties.
3. Food and Beverage: It includes income from food and beverage sales at the company’s properties.
4. Mall: It includes rental income from retail stores at the company’s properties.
5. Convention, Retail and Other: It includes income from business conventions at the company’s properties.